SPAlertPipeline: How to get user alert is being sent to?

Nov 30, 2007 at 9:28 PM
There doesn't seem to be any way to get the actual user that the alert is going to from the SPAlertHandlerParams object. I need to get to the user's profile to obtain information like the cell phone number in order to send an alert as an SMS message.

Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated.
Nov 30, 2007 at 10:15 PM
Edited Nov 30, 2007 at 10:16 PM

michael_dev wrote:
There doesn't seem to be any way to get the actual user that the alert is going to from the SPAlertHandlerParams object. I need to get to the user's profile to obtain information like the cell phone number in order to send an alert as an SMS message.

Steve Peschka answered this for me on the Sharepoint team blog. For anyone that might be interested there is a field called "a" on the SPAlertHandlerParams struct that points to the SPAlert object, which has a "User" member that points to the SPUser the alert is being sent to.
May 29, 2008 at 3:02 PM

I found that

SPSite site = new SPSite(ahp.siteUrl + ahp.webUrl);
SPWeb web = site.OpenWeb();
SPUser u = web.AllUsers.GetByID(ahp.a.UserId);

works.

If I try to access ahp.a.User then I get a null reference exception

Casey

michael_dev wrote:

michael_dev wrote:

Steve Peschka answered this for me on the Sharepoint team blog. For anyone that might be interested there is a field called "a" on the SPAlertHandlerParams struct that points to the SPAlert object, which has a "User" member that points to the SPUser the alert is being sent to.