Dynamic cqwp queryoverride groupby problem

Aug 12, 2008 at 9:57 AM
Grouping isn't working with the dynamic cqwp. It's possible to specify grouping in the toolpane but objects will not be grouped properly, the same group header may appear severeal times and the items are still in the order as retrieved by the queryoverride caml set in the query editor. I posted the details here: http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/sharepointdevelopment/thread/69ad5de5-0f24-4506-b3db-1e8a40601909/

To counter this I tried to use <GroupBy> in my caml query. But for some reason this seems to be disallowed, it returns nothing and the webpart will contain only a message stating that there was some problem with the query. Isn't <GroupBy> valid dor use in the caml query?

If this problem could be solved somehow I would say that the dynamic cqwp is really a great tool, but I need my groups...

Thanks..
Aug 26, 2008 at 8:25 PM
Well I managed to figure out that I CAN specify grouping in the toolpane and make it work IF I also specify <OrderBy> by the same column as the first orderby-element. Just for anyone else to hear if I'm not the only one having that problem...